Miami Beach Guide
South Beach. The Vibrant Heart of Miami.
Welcome to world famous South Beach. The nightlife is unsurpassed here, with sizzling bars and nightclubs open late into the night. Often referred to as the America's Riviera. Ocean Drive in South Beach is home to beautiful people, enticing restaurants and picturesque sidewalk cafes.
Whether it's a vacation or business that brings you to Miami, Ocean Five Hotel's location on Ocean Drive means that you are just steps away from first-class shopping, spectacular beaches, attractions, and a hot nightlife. Renowned Lincoln Road, the Miami Beach Convention Center, the pedestrian way with its boutiques and stores, restaurants, galleries and people-watching are all less than one mile from the hotel. And the Art Deco District, an area with an abundance of 1930s art deco architecture with pastel colors, is right outside your door. This South Beach vacation destination offers excitement around the clock!
There are numerous attractions for singles, couples, and the whole family to enjoy. And the weather in South Beach is summer year round. What are you waiting for?
The Art Deco District
Made up of one square mile of Miami Beach, the Art Deco National District within South Beach contains the largest concentration of Art Deco buildings in the world. With stunning pastel hues, the buildings are examples of pre-war modernism with geometric ornamentation and characteristically rounded corners.
Having over recent years gone through careful, major restoration, these buildings from the 20s to early 40s can be viewed in all their original glory. More than 800 registered historic buildings with bright colors and retro designs are located here, all lined up along the beach.
Quick Area Guide
- Beach and Watersports - Outside Hotel
- Boutiques, restaurants, nightclubs - Outside Hotel
- Art Deco District - Outside Hotel
- Collins Avenue - 1 block
- Jewish Museum of Florida - 3 blocks
- Wolfsonian Museum - 7 blocks
- Lincoln Road Shopping Center - 1 mile
- Miami Beach Convention Center - 1 mile
- Key Biscayne - 4 miles
- Adrienne Arsht Center - 4 miles
- Jungle - 5 miles
- Bayside Marketplace - 5 miles
- Port of Miami - 5 miles
- Downtown Miami - 5 miles
- Villa Vizcaya - 8 miles
- Bal Harbour Shops - 9 miles
- Miami Seaquarium - 11 miles
- Village of Merrick Park - 11 miles
- Aventura Mall - 15 miles
- Zoo Garden - 22 miles
- Sawgrass Mills - 35 miles
- Florida Everglades National Park - 41 miles